walking west...

we are...east of Eden

July 15, 2012

Thrice Rebuffed, 2.0

Mt. Shavano on the right...
The second Tabeguache rebuffing occurred in the summer of 2009. My son Josh, my friend Nic, and I decided to do the Shavano to Tabeguache combo from the standard East Slopes route. We made it to the top of Mount Shavano but severely underestimated the trip length. We ran out of water and energy and did not make the 2 mile round trip to Tabeguache. As of July 2009, the score is:

     Tabeguache Peak    2
     David Littleton         0

Add caption
Don't let the smiles of Nic and I fool you...Josh's facial expression is a more accurate representation of our mood.

Funny story, the guy that took this pic arrived at the summit roughly the same time as us - and he immediately took out a hash pipe and fired up...I can't imagine. He did make it down safe though.